If you’re like most people you do not think too much about the parts of a refrigerator until it stops cooling, or before it is time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be extremely useful to understand exactly how it keeps your food cool—and G&C Appliance Repair is here to help.
Read below to find out everything you might need to understand about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it is time to call refrigerator repair Encino.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find too many homes that don’t have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It’s been a must-have kitchen appliance for many years now. A refrigerator is able to store food and drinks at the optimal temperature, in order to reduce spoilage and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from the interior of the refrigerator to the outside, by using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The main parts of your refrigerator are below. For questions or service call G&C Appliance Repair:
A compressor is a combination of a pump and motor, and it’s responsible for the circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is attached on the back outside wall of the appliance and helps to emit the warmth collected within the refrigerator then out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth contained inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside the refrigerator.
The moment the evaporator isn’t working, it’s time to hire a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquid refrigerant is transported through a capillary tube which works as an expansion device as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it into liquid.
A thermostat exists to regulate the current temperature within a refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle when appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a contractor in Encino for repair right when a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the cooling cycle begins. The appliance collects the cold liquid refrigerant, then pressurizes and condenses it, and raises the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the heated gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the back of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the room and reverts to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues its journey towards the evaporator, finding its way through the coils within the appliance and top freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, thereby returning the temperature down to the optimal final point.
5. The coolant will evaporate, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the compressor unit to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in several applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from a single location and relocating it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, provides a perfect storage space for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of a lot of different everyday products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need repair? You can schedule an appointment with G&C Appliance Repair.
G&C Appliance Repair will repair almost all standard brands of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our appliance repairmen in Encino undergo training to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, ice makers, problems with condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart functionality and other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Encino Appliance Repair